•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

tagged

I was tagged by Mandee at The Bear Naked Truth to answer some questions! Here goes...

Have you ever seen your favorite band live, and if you have, did they live up to your expectations?

I can't say they are my favorite band, but they are the only band I have ever seen in concert - Dave Matthews Band. I have seen them twice. Is it bad that I have only been to two concerts ever and it was the same band?!? I saw them first in 1998 in Germany while I was an exchange student. I saw them again in 2006 in Virginia Beach, VA for their annual 4th of July concert with fireworks and all. Both concerts were awesome!

What is your drink of choice?

non-alcoholic, Sweet Tea - The southern girl in me loves sweet tea. The sweeter the better in my book!
alcoholic, Ace Pear Cider - I am really missing this yummy, refreshing cider this Summer.

Photobucket

What is your most cherished memory from your childhood?

I have a lot of great memories from childhood. I always loved Christmas Eve and waking up the next morning at my Grammie and Papa's house. My whole family gathered along with friends of the family for a big feast, Papa Larry was known to make me the occasional virgin Shirley Temple with extra cherries, we sang Christmas Carols, I was the little helper handing out the gifts to all of the guests, we went to bed to the sounds of sleigh bells ringing outside of our bedroom window, and we woke up to the biggest spread of toys any child could ask for. It was wonderful and I got to enjoy it every year of my life until the age of 25. That was the only year I have missed, until this coming Christmas. I will not be up to traveling with a baby only a few weeks old, so we will be hunkering down for Christmas here in Virginia. It will be nice to make our own little Christmas memories here in our house, but it won't be the same with all the family around.

Quick! There's some kind of natural disaster and you can only grab three things from your house to save (all people and animals have escaped unharmed)... what do you pick?

I would have to say my Nikon DSLR, my photo boxes, and my jewelry box. Not very creative, but the photos and jewelery are meaningful and cannot be replaced, and my camera is something that is never far from my side so it is only natural for me to have it with me.

Photobucket

If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive, famous or not), who would it be?

My parents. They are both alive and well, but they live 8 hours away from me and I miss just being able to spend time with them any time I want. I would love to be able to go to dinner with them!



Who is your favorite comedian?

I can't choose just one. I love a number of female comedians - Chelsea Handler, Kathy Griffin, Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman, and Wanda Skyes. They are all funny in their own way!

What is your favorite sport, and who is your favorite team from that sport?

I love college basketball, and the North Carolina Tar heels are my team!
I'm a Tar heel born I'm a Tar heel bred and when I die I'm a Tar heel dead.



Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do?

Not that I can remember! Although, growing up with a younger brother, I am sure it happened.

ETA: I couldn't resist adding this photo of my younger brother to this post.
Photobucket
See how mischievous he looked circa 1988. Love you, Ty!

And if you made it through all of that, thanks for reading!!

post signature

1 comment:

MandeeFoFandee said...

how coincidental! my signature drink at my bridal shower was Ace Pear Cider - it was the first time I'd ever had it, and I loved it! your Christmas memories make me miss mine... it was always my favorite time as a kid! :)