•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

day four

favorite book(s)

This is a list of books that I have read over the years and feel everyone should at some point.

One of my very first favorite books. It's a classic!


 Goodnight Moon
by Margaret Wise Brown

I probably own one of the oldest copy around, printed in 1940. My mom insisted that I needed to read this so I could be more like my classmates that excelled at everything and we're active in school... yada, yada! It was a good read, but it didn't change who I was or how I spent my adolescence. 



How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

This book is beautifully pieced together and intertwines the stories of four friends who lost their husbands in the September 11th attack on the World Trade Center. I read it just months after Matt and I got married, and I cried and cried the whole way through. It is heart wrenching, but I feel better having read it all the way through. Everyone should read this book!

Love You, Mean Itby Patricia Carrington, Julia Collins, Claudia Gerbasi, and Ann Haynes

One of my all time favorite chic-lit books. I fell in love with the character Lucia and read through this book as fast as I could, savoring every word! 


Lucia, Lucia
by Adriana Trigiani

This was one of my textbooks in college, imagine that! It is a fresh take on the relationship between design and the effect it has on the way we live. The author is the co-designer of the very first ergonomic chair, working for Herman Miller (hello, super cool job!). I like his perspective and the way it makes you think about your everyday environment!
The Ice Palace That Melted AwayBy Bill Stumph

Another of my very cool textbooks. This one discusses the author's concept on an approach different from recycling, which ultimately lands items in a trash dump, and proposes that products should be designed from the beginning to be food for something after their original purpose is served. Very enlightening!


Cradle to Cradle
By William McDonough & Michael Braungart

For lots and lots of good laughs, this is a must read.  It is not the most appropriate book, but it is hilarious!  I haven't read her other books, but they are on my list!


Are You There, Vodka?  It's Me, Chelsea
by Chelsea Handler

photo credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

What are your must-reads?

post signature

2 comments:

MandeeFoFandee said...

I'm definitely going to pick up Love You, Mean It... as long as you promise to read the rest of Chelsea's books. they are hilarious!

my must reads are:
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz (review on my blog!)
Superstitious by RL Stine
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett

Unknown said...

@mandee - Chelsea's other books are on my list and so is The Other Boleyn Girl! I will definitely be reading them!!