•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

holiday baking

Photobucket

And for the goodies that I mentioned in my previous post...

I used three of Paula Deen's recipes for the first time this year for our holiday goodies for coworkers and friends. I spent an entire afternoon baking with these trusty sidekicks....

Photobucket

We made...

Photobucket
Pecan Clusters

Photobucket
Cheesecake Bars

and not pictured, Creme de Menthe Brownies

The only change that I made to any recipe was not adding vanilla.  I have to confess that I never use vanilla when a recipe calls for it.  I don't see it as a necessary ingredient and I have never received any complaints!

The pecan clusters were a little time consuming and had to be babied when cooking on the stove.  My favorite thing about baking rather than cooking on the stove is that I have time to clean up once the food goes into the oven.  I love to clean as I go, but it is more difficult when you are cooking on the stove.   

Photobucket
(notice my new Rachel Ray knives.. thanks Daddy + Momma!)

While we are in the kitchen, I have to point out two of my favorite kitchen items.  My gravy/sauce whisk that is perfect for whisking anything with flour and getting lumps out and my Pampered Chef can opener that basically takes the whole metal top off and doesn't leave any sharp edges to get cut on.  I highly recommend both of these items!

Photobucket

post signature