•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

scavenger hunt

A very unpleasant stomach flu hit me Thursday night like a ton of bricks, so I have been trying to recover, recuperate, and get my strength back up. Needless to say, photo taking has been low on the priority list. During my sickness, I thought a lot about where I would rather be than in my bed and where other than our favorite beach destination... the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The following photos are from a few of our trips there.

vanishing point
Photobucket
under the boardwalk

square crop
Photobucket
sunset over jockey's ridge

under
Photobucket
seagulls are always in abundance - especially when stupid old ladies feed them off of their hotel balconies and encourage them to approach humans (rant over)

welcome to the jungle
Photobucket
bromeliads - pretty jungle like to me

calm
Photobucket
sunset over the Roanoke sound from our dinner table

participating in scavenger hunt sunday

and here are a few of the main attraction:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Almost makes me want to jump in the car and drive there now. Too bad it would be freezing cold when I got there!

post signature

19 comments:

Tara said...

These are gorgeous!!!

Nicole said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every single one of your shots! The boardwalk is amazing. I really like that one and the others are simply gorgeous.

Jill G. said...

The vanishing point image is amazing, and all the water shots make me so jealous! Looks like a wonderful day!!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Beautiful! These are amazing! LOVE your Vanishing Point!

deb duty said...

Your beach photos are stunning! Love the vanishing point photo too.

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

This are simply amazing! I am obsessed with the beach and you did a great job capturing it!

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW! They are all perfect for each prompt! & gorgeous too!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

These make me long for the ocean and sand!!! Lovely pics. Your calm shot is one of my favs so far this week. Amazing capture :D

Stefanie Brown said...

Wow! Amazing shots! The ocean shots make me love for the seashore. That is one of mu favorite places in the world to relax.

Anonymous said...

wow, your pics just brightened an ever so dull day

Ashley Sisk said...

I hope you feel better soon - stomach bugs take me out completely. I love these shots of the outer banks...makes me want to get in my car and drive to it.

Melissa said...

These are beautiful shots and I am longing for a vacation spot like this! The calm shot is so gorgeous and should be framed in your home. Great job and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Marla said...

Lovely shots. I adore the calm one. It's so pretty.

I hope you are feeling better. Being sick stinks. :(

Beth @ Snaps Of Our Life said...

Absolutely stunning shots!

I hope you are feeling better today!

Kelsey Arkills said...

Great pictures!! I love the boardwalk one and the calm ones…so beautiful

~kelsey from purplypinkme.blogspot.com
ps check out my blog? :)

julie said...

EVERY single one of these shots is gorgeous!!! LOVE your take on under & vanishing point & calm...and sigh...gorgeous beach shots!!! :)

Jacqulyn said...

Your pictures are amazing!! Hope you are feeling better!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh those sun flares are gorgeous. Heck, all your photos are gorgeous! (PS-its totally fine to rant now and then, we all do it ;) I hope you are doing better from the bug..those are no fun! :/ but nice entries..all of them!

Seizing My Day said...

Oh Man!! now I want to go to the beach MORE than I did before!! I NEED to live in a warmer state!! *sigh* =) beautiful wave series!! hope you feel better soon!