•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

momma

Photobucket

Will has been sounding out mmmmm, mmmamma, and mamamamamamama for a
while now. In fact, the mmm sound was his first distinct verbal sound. It has always
come out very much like chatter; never directed toward me. Last night, he woke in
the middle of the night for the first time in months, and after changing his diaper, I was
leaving the room to get him a bottle and I heard him cry out "momma". It melted my
heart a little hearing that cry directed at me. I immediately turned around and snuggled
him a little before attempting my exit again. Am I creating a monster? I don't know if
one little snuggle could make that big of a difference, but it totally made it worth my
while waking up in the middle of the night!

Bless his little momma's boy heart!

participating in sweet shot tuesday

post signature

5 comments:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

AWWW! That's so SWEET! Congratulations, MAMA! What a big step (& wonderful confirmation) it is when you first hear your little one call you by name. This is just the start....

Ashley Sisk said...

Awww that's so great - I know you loved that!

Susan said...

Oh what an exciting time.

He's adorable!

Enjoy...

Cropped Stories said...

Great pic! Sweet post! It melted my heart too the first time my little one uttered the word mamma while poking at my feet! So cute!

nat said...

Super cute pic!