•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

holiday treats

This year, I made Pretzel Turtles.  My recipe was loosely based on a recipe I saw in Rachel Ray's magazine a few years ago.  It is super easy, but very time consuming!  I cranked them out like I was in Santa's workshop. I made over 300, but to make a batch of 50, you will need...

1 bag of Snyder's Sourdough Pretzel Nuggets
1 bag of Kraft Caramel squares (50-51 per pkg)
1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of peanuts, chopped

Photobucket

First, melt the caramel squares for approximately 20 seconds in the microwave.  For best results, do 10 in each batch.

Photobucket

Then push down on the caramel squares.

Photobucket

Then wrap each caramel suqare around a single pretzel nugget.  Place them on wax paper to harden.

Photobucket

Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.  Dip the caramel pretzels  in the chocolate to fully coat.  Place the nuggets back on the wax paper and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.  I suggest sprinkling the peanuts once you have 10 placed so that the chocolate is still wet when you sprinkle the peanuts.

Photobucket


Photobucket

For gift giving, I placed them in these red bowls, wrapped them with cellophane, tied a gold bow around them and added a gift tag.  Sorry, no photos of the finished product - I was in a hurry to get them out the door to hand them out!

Photobucket