•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

newest addition

Photobucket

Welcome, rocker! This gem was waiting for us on the doorstep when we arrived home last night. Thank you, Grammie! I am very proud to say that I put it together all by myself. It came in five large pieces that go together very easily. The slipcover is a must, because the base pieces are just bare upholstery fabric. I chose the beige so that I can use it in another room later if needed. I will brighten it up with a bolster/pillow in the room's accent color (red). It is pretty comfortable for my 5'-6" height. It is a little small for Matt, but he is my giant at 6'-5"... he fits, but it is snug. I don't think we could fit a bigger chair in that space though. I always thought it was the perfect room for a nursery because it is the smallest, but maybe I was wrong! Oh well, there is no going back now. I do love it because it is the sunniest, brightest room in the house, making it very cheery. Overall, it is a great addition to our nursery.

Still to come... bedding, wall hangings, and accessories.

post signature

4 comments:

jeanna said...

Awe girl your nursery is coming along great! Love the wall color, what paint and paint number is that???

I had one thought from the comment you made about the room being the brightest in the house. My girlfriend just hung a comforter over their nursery window b/c their little girl couldn't sleep with all the bright sunlight. You might want to look into some sort of room darkening curtains/shades just in case. I know you are the planner just like me!! I am already planning the nursery again! Sept 22 can't get hear fast enough!

jbsoffel said...

Love the color of the room. The chair looks comfy!

MandeeFoFandee said...

that rockers looks SO comfy. I'm also really excited to see what you do with the room - I love and aqua and red color scheme!

Unknown said...

@Jeanna - wall color is MSL125 Lagoon (martha stewart living). We had it mixed into Behr Paint with Primer. Yeah, I know what you mean about the curtains! We will either use a blackout lined curtain or install a blackout shade. I am hoping for very successful nap times!

@all - Thank you!