•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

twenty eight

Although most of my birthday weekend was spent in fear that I had a kidney infection* and drowning myself with glass after glass of water, I am very happy to be 28 years old. I always said that I would have my first child at 30 like my mom, but Matt wanted to have one before he was 30, which meant I would be 28. I got used to this idea and now feel that I am the perfect age to bring our first little one into the world.

My golden birthday fell on my 2nd birthday, so I of course had no idea it was anything special, although, the photos from that birthday are some of my funniest. [Picture me in my little pink polka dot dress and a blond bob with my very first $20 bill in hand and my face scrunched up in a huge giggle - who knew!?!] Because I don't remember my golden birthday, I am electing this as a special birthday because my birth date is 8.2.82 and I am 28. All 8's and 2's - there's got to be something to be said for that!

I enjoyed a very nice dinner with Matt and his mom on Saturday enjoying the wonderful Pierogi's at one of our favorite restaurants. We then enjoyed amazing cake from Chandler's Bakery in Charlottesville, Virginia. True buttercreamy goodness with a sweetened cream cheese mixture between the cake layers. Very yummy! Then I celebrated at work with a food day with my favorites (crack dip, meatballs, taco dip, fruit, and more cake). My coworkers went all out! Then tonight, I enjoyed a nice, low key dinner with Matt.  So far, 28 feels great!

Photobucket

* I spent the afternoon at the doctors office and they ruled out any infection and chalked my kidney tightness/soreness up to growing pains. And boy have I done a lot of growing - 4 lbs in 2 weeks to be exact, yikes!

post signature

2 comments:

MandeeFoFandee said...

awww, happy birthday! it sounds like it was a fantastic day, minus the whole kidney issues. and I'm jealous that you got crab dip! it may just be my favorite food ever.

jbsoffel said...

Happy Birthday! hope you had a wonderful day