•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

the works

So, I know this post is 10 days late, but I just figured that blogs would be so inundated with
fireworks shots right after the holiday that I would wait for everyone to rest their eyes before
posting my own. Ok, or maybe I am just lazy! Work with me here!!

We got there early and visited with my cousin, her husband and girls, and some of their friends.
While Matt and his mom waited in line for funnel cakes, Will and Angela shared a little time
together. Poor thing had just gotten off a 12 hour shift at the hospital and came right there in her
scrubs - at least they were festive.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Glow sticks came around in anticipation of the show. Of course, Will had to join in on the fun!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ellie had fun with the glow sticks!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will was parked with Matt, in anticipation of him possibly freaking out...
Photobucket
The show finally started...
Photobucket
and Will was a champ! He just watched and played right along.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
It was truly the fireworks show that never ended. It went for 30 full minutes, and there were
several groupings that we were convinced were the grand finale, but alas, they kept shooting.
It was well worth sitting in the traffic getting out of there!

But really, who doesn't love a good fireworks show!?!

Photobucket

I was pretty happy with this years photos compared to last year, but I will remember
to take the piece that attaches my camera to my tripod instead of lugging the tripod and
not being able to put my camera on it - ugh!

(And, no, all of the fireworks weren't white. There were plenty of blue, red, green, and purple
ones. I just prefer my fireworks like my Christmas lights - all white!!)

and then, she {snapped}

post signature

8 comments:

Point & Shoot said...

I must learn to photograph fireworks...these are gorgeous...mine did not turn out so great this year.

Ashley Sisk said...

YOu seriously did an incredible job capturing the fireworks.

rachel said...

your fireworks shots are amazing! and charlie didn't do quite as well as will with the fireworks. when they first started, he cried for a few minutes, until he saw that we were all ok with them, then he was ok with them. it was funny!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

LOVING all your fantastic photos!!! Are you kidding me with those fireworks shots?! Ahhhhmazing!!

Melanie said...

Seriously... those are some of the coolest fireworks shots I've seen! You captured the night beautifully.

Amy Nielson said...

those are great shots! i have GOT to get myself a tripod. like, yesterday.

Scott said...

Those are some great fireworks shots. Really well done. It looks like you had a nice night.

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh my goodness. I am totally jealous of your firework pictures! THEY ARE AWESOME! And what fun with those gloSticks! NEATO!