•  photo DSC_0346-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1169-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0906-001.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0009.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0131.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0078.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0063 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0436 2.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0066.jpg
  •  photo DSC_0294.jpg
  •  photo DSC_1413_1.jpg

'tis the seasons

Photobucket

Yes, I am well aware Thanksgiving has not yet arrived. It seems this year, everyone has gotten into the Christmas spirit early. Much of our neighborhood has already started to light up. I couldn't resist getting a little head start myself. I promise, all I have put up are the garlands on the stair railings and the wreath on the front door.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mason is also questioning my sanity!

Photobucket

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with lots of enthusiasm. We will be hosting Matt's parents and mine, hoping they can all make it. I have been making lists, time tables and oven schedules in preparation for the big meal. This will be the fourth Thanksgiving dinner we have hosted at our house. My first year was extremely nerve wracking, but now I'm getting the hang of it. My mom has here each year preparing her specialty, the turkey, and I couldn't have done it without her help!

Every Thanksgiving of my childhood consisted of my mom and her mother in the kitchen, cooking together ALL DAY LONG. In the later years as my grandmother got older, she rested while reading recipes and giving directions to my mom. I now regeret not helping out during those times and learning all that I could, but I had no desire to be in the kitchen when I still lived at home with my parents.

These days, we still have my grandmothers tried and true recipes and handwritten instructions, and it is now my mom and I working together to put together the big meal. The past few years, my dad has joined us in the kitchen to impart some of his wisdom and add some new side dishes to our repertoire. My brother also made a guest appearance a few years ago to make yummy cheesecake. Thanksgiving truly is a family affair around here! The turkey will remain my mom's specialty for as long as I can get her to do it. I know one day, the turkey tradition will be passed on to me, but I am enjoying my role of side dishes, desserts, scheduling/organizing, and table setting for now.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Photobucket